Denise's Cottage Pie
By Denise Martinson
This is a real favorite at the farm. A great way to take a pound of ground beef and turn it into a real weeknight supper. Warning, though, make enough for seconds!
- 2 lbs Heartstone Farm Ground Beef
- 1 can Tomato Soup
- 2 cans French Style Green Beans
- 2 cans Sweet Corn
- 2 cans Cream Style Corn
- Red Potatoes
- Salt and Pepper
- Salted Butter
- (Can use frozen veggies 1 can is equal to 1 ½ cups)
- Preheat large pan over medium heat add ground beef cook and crumble until cooked through
- While ground beef cooks, Add tomato soup to bottom of 9x12 pan, spread evenly
- Add cooked ground beef evenly over the tomato soup in pan.
- Evenly spread can veggies over ground beef. Corn, green beans and then cream corn. Its important to make sure the cream corn is on top.
- In a large pot boil cut and cubed potatoes. I make enough to add inch thick layer or more over top. (use whatever potatoes makes your heart happy, can even be instant)
- Once potatoes are done evenly dollop and spread over top.
- Add few pads of butter to top of the pie
- Bake at 375 for 30 mins or until soup bubbles around edges and mashed potatoes lightly brown