What's in the Sausage? All the Good Stuff.
Contrary to what you hear about processed sausages being unhealthy and having all kinds of additives (and that's accurate for most factory-produced sausages), ours are clean and simple - handmade with pasture-raised meat, fat, spices and casing. That's it. When you know your farmer and butcher - like in our case - rest assured you'll get nothing but the best. And the flavor can't be beat. Our sausages have nuanced and complex flavors due to the animals' diverse healthy diet, grazing on pasture, as nature intended. Our butchers enhance the meat with spices that enhance their natural flavors. You'll enjoy every bite.
We've created a variety of delicious sausages so you can enjoy them for breakfast, lunch and dinner:
From a farming standpoint, creating sausages is a sustainable practice which enables our pork and chicken partner farms to use the whole animal and respect their contributions to our health and wellness. That's something we all can feel good about.
What are the best ways to cook our sausages? Tossed on the grill or sautéed in pan are a great start. But that's just the beginning. Sausages are incredibly versatile. Keep a supply in the freezer for quick and easy meals. They defrost in minutes and you can add them to just about any recipe to pack in some serious flavor. We hope you enjoy our sausages. To help inspire you, below are just a few of our favorite ways to enjoy them.
SIMPLE SAUSAGE RECIPES:
Classic Sausage and Peppers:
- Slice sausages and cook them with bell peppers and onions in a skillet.
- Add your favorite seasonings and serve in a sandwich, over classic or cauliflower rice, with quinoa, etc.
Sausage & Kale Stew:
- Sauté onions in butter or olive oil, add sliced maple sausage coins, cover with 4 beaten eggs, 1 cup milk, salt, pepper to taste
- Pour in pie dish and cook in the oven for about ½ hour or until film. Or, cook under the broiler 5-8 minutes (keep a close eye on it so it doesn't burn)
- Dice sausages and sauté them with diced potatoes, onions, and bell peppers.
- Season with herbs and spices for a hearty breakfast or brunch.
- Remove the stems from mushrooms and stuff them with a mixture of sausage, breadcrumbs, and herbs.
- Bake until golden and enjoy as a tasty appetizer
- Scramble eggs and mix them with cooked sausage, cheese, and salsa.
- Roll ingredients into a tortilla or drop into a taco and top with some guacamole or extra salsa
- Stuff large pasta shells with a mixture of sausage, ricotta, spinach, and herbs.
- Bake in marinara sauce and melted cheese.
- Top a store-bought or homemade pie crush with marinara, sausage, mozzarella, salt & pepper (and any of your other favorite toppings)